Google Gets Into the E-book Business with Google Play
Move over Amazon, Kindle and iStore, Google has made it easy to offer your e-books on Android devices with Google play Books Partners. Anyone with a phone or tablet running using the Android operating system can buy your book at the Google apps store. All you need is a Google account and then just upload your e-books for free. Check out the quick steps below and then get started. Here is the link to Get Started.
- If you don’t already have one, create a new account at play.google.com/books/publish/.
- Agree to the Google Books Terms and Conditions and the Google Editions Addendum.
- Add a new payment profile.
- Add the book to your Book Catalog.
- Enter bibliographic information for the book.
- On the Content tab, upload the book content and cover files.
- On the book’s Prices tab, add a new price.
- Enter the currency, value, and the applicable countries for the price.
- On the Settings tab, provide additional metadata and configure distribution and Google Search preview settings.
- Go to the Publish tab.
- Publish the book on Google Play.
- In the Payment Center, edit your payment profile.
- Add a bank account.
- If you plan to sell books in the U.S., submit tax information.
For all the detailed steps go to the Google play website by clicking here.
It’s too early to tell how they are going to do in the e-book business but Google doesn’t give up easily and they will be around for a while. At the very least, it’s another option for getting your book out there in front of your readers.